Monday, November 11, 2013

There Be Dragons Here



I am what's called a young earth creationist. I take God at His word when He says in His Word that the earth was created in 6 days about 6,000 years ago. I believe that He judged the world and sent a flood which only Noah survived along with his family and all the animals on the Ark. That also means I believe that dinosaurs onced lived side by side with humans ... well maybe not right next door, but the two would certainly have crossed paths.
 
So where did the dinosaurs go? After the flood they migrated and eventually died off. You may think that is crazy talk, but do you realize that if mankind and dinosaurs had lived at the same time that mankind would have documented it? They would drawn things like cave paintings and heiroglyphics, and we would have passed odwn tales and legends of fierce giant reptiles that once roamed the earth.
 
Um ... yeah, we have all that.
 
A curious thing happened to me the other day. My three year old daughter was playing with a toy dragon she has, and sitting nearby I saw a book about dinosaurs. I pointed at the toy and asked what it was. She naturally said it was a dragon (and roared at me). I then held up the dinosaur book with a picture of a T-rex. I asked again, and what do you think she said? ... "Dragon." (Again I got 'rawred' at and attacked by the toy). A little bit later, after she had moved on to new entertainment, I picked up the dinosaur book and asked her what that was a picture of on the cover (T-rex). She said, "Dinosaur." So, I picked up her dragon toy and asked again. She said, "Dinosaur."
 
So easy a three year old can get it. Sometimes I think that as adults we get too smart for our own good.
 
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs

No comments:

Post a Comment